Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

We are on our way to krugerpark. I am driving a 2011RAV 4

Customer Question

Hi we are on our way to krugerpark. I am driving a 2011RAV 4 4x4 diesel. The check engin system and check 4x4 systemlights came on. We are towing a supra offroad trailer. Can we carry on?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Are you losing any power or performance? Did the check engine light ever start to flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't loose power or performance. The lights flashes on regular intervals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you can start paying back my money. You are not able to give me an answer for this problem, you're playing games with me.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Nobody is playing games with you sir. I sent you a request for more information October 10 7:37 am Eastern standard Time you did not reply to me until October 11 12 AM. I'm just now getting this message this morning when I'm up and about. Do you still want further assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can't provide me with answers, you are unable to tell me if it is possible to carry on driving or not. Up to now you didn't supply me with any feedback positive or negative. So what do you think what rating do you deserve?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

We must be losing something in the translation here. I have not given you any answers nor have I anticipated any type of rating for me or for you. I just wanted to make sure that you wanted to continue with the service you seemed upset because I wasn't responding with any concrete answers given the fact that I had no reply from you for over a day. If you'd like to proceed I will do that now. Based on the information that you've given me that there's no loss of performance and the check engine light has not started to flash steady and consistent, in most cases the check engine light comes on due to evaporative emissions related problems. This could be a loose gas cap or possibly a hose knocked off on the evaporative system. If you had access to a scan tool like here in the US most part stores do free malfunction code reads and found out what the code is set in the electronic control computer for the engine that would help to narrow it down. The other warning lights will come on by default whenever the check engine light comes on. To answer your question specifically you should be fine to drive provided there's no loss of power no overheating or unusual shifting issues. You could remove the negative battery cable this would erase the codes in the computer and check your gas cap continue to drive and see if the warning lights come back. Now if you are satisfied with this information and not the miscommunication due to the time zone perhaps please apply at least a three or higher rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why after more than a day, you supply me now with an average answer. Thanks for your help that was more than a day late. I was ripped off by a so called expert. If I was you I would give back the money you take for such poor answers.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Just to correct your facts for a moment moment. The reason why it was a day late was because you waited a day before you replied to me with the additional information that I needed because if your answer to my questions were that the check engine light was flashing steadily and you were losing power it would not of been safe to drive I cannot give you that type of information until you replied back to me so for you to make accusations that you were ripped off by so-called expert is unappreciated and not necessary. The information I gave you was based on the information that you responded to me a day later. This is clearly documented by the timestamps of the questions and replies. That is why it took as long as it did. Have a nice day. PS you have not payed for anything you've only made in deposit your JustAnswer account feel free to reply to the website and request your deposit refund. In the future I will not respond to any more of your questions because you obviously cannot communicate in a timely manner and want to blame those on the other end.