Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

How do I reset the antitheft security 2002 Toyota Camry The

Customer Question

How do I reset the antitheft security for a 2002 Toyota Camry
The engine turns over but it will not start
It all started when he began to overheat so I turned it in to a repair shop for testing
Left the car with a spare key which would not start vehicle and then send them the master key but now the car won't start
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Did the vehicle overheat to the point where it quit running? When you insert a key into the ignition lock cylinder does the red security like continue to fish or does it go out? Are there any codes set in the engine control computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the engine did not quit Working it did get very hot but did not go into the red zone
Yes the antitheft light continues to flash when we tried to start the vehicle
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The immobilizer system in this car cannot be overridden. If the security light is flashing when the key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder this means the key is not recognized. Do you have any other keys to try? The immobilizer should not be disabled or not recognizing the key just because it overheated. Does the light flashany particular pattern? For example two flashes a slight pause that one flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger that we found the problem they were using the spare key not the master thank you for your help
It's completes my need for your assistance
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Glad to see that you got the other key to get it to work. Please do not forget to rate my assistance that I provided to you at three or higher. If you need anything in the future feel free to reply and I will get back to you.