Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 1983 Toyota camry that is hard to start, spits and

Customer Question

I have a 1983 Toyota camry that is hard to start , spits and sputters when it does start eventually it clears it self and runs fairly good but likes to hesitate when excelerated I changed the fuel filter and fuel pump but that didnt work . I think it might be the computor
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
using the library computer my time is almost up you will probably have to send me an answer by email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone battery is dead please respond by email
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Before we begin, is the check engine light on at the instrument panel? If not, we can rule out the computer theory. Based on what you are saying here, this sounds very much like a badly stretched timing belt.