Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

I have a 2001 toyota tacoma v6. My question is if the timing

Customer Question

I have a 2001 toyota tacoma v6. My question is if the timing is off and the engine is started/cranked will it damage the valves. Changed timing belt however it appears to jump timing and will start but dies after a few seconds.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Tacoma.

Did this concern start just after you replaced the timing belt or was it happening before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the belt was replaced. Truck also shakes a lot when engine is started
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Have you gone back an checked your work?

Does the belt still jump timing or did it do it just one time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You need to answer my question and stop asking me question. If you can't I need a refund