Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I own a 2010 Venza with a non-working blower motor. It made

Customer Question

I own a 2010 Venza with a non-working blower motor. It made an odd noise for a few days, the battery went dead (?), and now the ac blower motor is dead
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have Auto Climate controls or manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Auto; but I normally use the manual setting.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify all of the blower speeds do not work at this time correct? Even if you put it to high in the manual mode? Is there anything else electrical that does not work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All other electrical systems seem to work. The blower is not functioning at all in normal or recirculation mode and will not operate at any speed. Refrigerated air only blows into the cab at higher car speeds.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a voltmeter or 12 V test light with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it to check a few things with my guidance?

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Or are you just looking for general ideas as to what could be going on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a voltmeter. Yes, general ideas on what to look for relative to possible causes and solutions.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Okay what you need to do first of all is open the hood and the fuse box under the hood locate the 50 amp heater fuse it will be a square box type fuse. Check to see if that fuse is blown. If you can get a simple 12 V test at your local parts store that would be ideal. On the passenger side remove the lower panel that is below the glovebox and directly above the passengers toes. There are either two snap clips or two small screws that hold this in plastic panel in place. Once that is removed you will see a round portion of the blower motor assembly there is one electrical connector going to it with two large gauge wires one being red in one being white. If you carefully back probe the large red wire it should have 12 V and illuminate the test light. You will see in between the two large gauge wires a small red wire. That is the signal wire that goes back to the air conditioning control panel that is duty cycled or pulses to tell the blower motor how fast to run. Typically it is never an issue with the air-conditioning blower heater control panel but simply a bad blower motor. If you take a rubber mallet and bang on the bottom of the blower motor sometimes that can make the blower motor to start to spin or take out the in cabin air filter and reach in with your hand and with the blower on trying to start the blower motor spinning be careful not to push too hard so if it takes off fast it won't whack your fingers. 90% of the time it ends up being a bad blower motor. Please do not forget to rate the information that I provided you at three or higher if you need any additional assistance feel free to reply and I will get back to you.