Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

My 4 runner a 1999 4 cylinder won't start but only after

Customer Question

My 4 runner a 1999 4 cylinder won't start but only after driving waiting 30 minutes or so it starts up just had the ignition switch replace but still have same problem
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

When you say that it will not start do you mean the engine is turning over but it will not fire up or the starter is not engaging and not turning the engine over at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All lights a/c fan radio everything works but nothing no clicking not anything at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's why I guess the shop I took it to replaced the ignition switch
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Standby

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately the ignition switches very rarely fail on these cars. Are you going to attempt to do some electoral diagnosing yourself or are you looking for general ideas as to what could be going on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This a question not a answer
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to get to a definitive resolution I need more input from you and your capabilities. I have no idea who or what I'm dealing with here. I have not given you an answer I need information before I can give you an answer. If you're not inclined to work with me on this giving me additional information about your abilities and what exactly is going on I cannot help you. At that point I will opt out. As I mentioned previously if you're just looking for general possible things to change check or replace without any testing equipment I can give you that information. Let me know how you like to proceed.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

You took it to a repair facility and they replaced the ignition switch what I'm telling you is that repair probably was not needed. That is fairly obvious because it did not fix the problem. The question is are they going to refund you your money and part cost?