sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Radio and navigation system has power only sometimes.

Customer Question

radio and navigation system has power only sometimes. Currently not working.....
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You've used a test light while the radio was not working and found a power feed missing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. I had a mechanic check all of my fuses and he said that it was not that. He then told me that he would have to take the dash out to look at the wiring. So I had to reschedule an appointment at another time. 2 days later.... In the mean time the radio and all cams began working again for about 4 days. Now again nothing.

I assume that you just meant the radio works intermittently then. If the radio works intermittently and tere are no other problems then the problem is almost surely in the radio, but it could be a wiring or connection issue. When would need to be done is remove the radio at the time it isn't working and test it's powers and grounds, if they're ok then the radio can be condemned. It's not that likely to be a wiring problem and probably won't exceed a half hour to diagnose.