Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have a 2008 toyota tacoma V6 4.0 a/t. Installed new cruise

Customer Question

have a 2008 toyota tacoma V6 4.0 a/t. Installed new cruise control , first installed as it maybe prewired,turned on never worked.
Started over and ran my on ground and hot wire the right place on the ECM. meter showed solid 12 volts at switch under steering but where you connect the switch in the airbag and horn back to the cruise arm switch. Still will not turn on, did check and i have power above if i ground below to the ground in the S8 switch under steering wheel. do ground onto switch above no peer using the ground there??
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any damaged wiring or poor connections with the wiring leading up the steering column area.If any wiring issues are found the affected wiring will need repaired to correct this fault here.If all wiring is found to be o.k. and your connections are clean and tight with all connections for this after market install let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I do not have the option to offer this service to you right now.If you want we can continue here or I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further with this.Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks Pete