Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My Toyota Tundra 5.7 was running then it died a light came

Customer Question

My Toyota Tundra 5.7 was running then it died a light came on the dash a/t oil temp came on and now it will turn over but it won't start
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure (38 to 44 PSI) and good compression. In order to determine what is causing you no start you are going to need to check each one of these things to see which one you are lacking. Post back with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I turn the key to start the truck I can't here the fuel pump I think my fuel pump is out already checked all my fuses and they are all good
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you not hearing the fuel pump the the next step would be to check and see if you are getting key on cranking voltage at the pump , if you have key on cranking voltage and the pump does not run the that means it has failed.