scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

2004 Camry 3.0. camshafts and crank timing sequence. I need

Customer Question

2004 Camry 3.0. camshafts and crank timing sequence.
I need help getting the proper sequence of the 2 camshaft (banks A & B) and the Crank.
Background: I replaced the trimming belt, yet it was 1 notch off on the A bank, as afterwards I got a Code P0016, it ran fine with no misfires yet engine light was on.
So I went to adjust, a friend helped and he loosed the tensioner prior to me marking it, and turning the belts back to their original alignment, and therefore the sequence got messed up.
At that point since nothing was aligned, we just turned camshaft banks flywheels A & B back to their alignment notches and the crank back to its alignment notch, yet now when I go to start it won’t run, just turns over and never fires.
Now we don’t know if the A bank camshaft and B bank camshaft are in sequence with the crank think what has happened is the camshafts are not in-sync with the crank?
I was told it doesn’t matter just align the notches of the 2 camshafts and the crank to it alignment, yet when I turn the camshaft flywheel one full turn does that take all three cylinders in that bank through their entire sequence? If not, it seems that bank A needs to be in its proper sequence when the cranks is in its proper sequence and aligned to its alignment notch, and bank B also has to be in its proper sequence.
So, how many turns does it take for each camshaft bank to complete it full sequence? And, I am told the crankshaft goes through 2 turns for one set of cylinder completions, So, If the camshaft markings are aligned and the crank is at its TDC is it possible that camshaft has to turned additional revolutions and then aligned to the markings?
And if so how to get camshaft A and B int correct sequence and the Crank into its correct sequence?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never mind its been way more than the 30 minuets promised. I figured it out.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance i just got on and was reading through this

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Cams turn once per every two crank rotations. Makes absolutely no difference if there "out of sequence" as long as marks are lined up. You can set cams to marks and then set crank to mark or rotate it 360 deg and it will make no difference.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with the car starting now to???