Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2004 Toyota corolla will not start. Checked battery and it

Customer Question

2004 Toyota corolla will not start. Checked battery and it is good. Mechanic said to Google the reset security steps
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. When you say it will nto start does it crank with the starter, nothing happens, or you hear a single click under the hood?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes no sound, does not turn. The dash indicators are lit up, the headlights work. I checked with a volt-meter. 14 vdc. I do not think it is the battery. Asked a mechanic who thought it might be a starter relay. I purchased one, but haven't installed it yet. Was going to tap on the starter first.

Yes. Tap on the starter while someone holds the key in the start position. If that does not work, we need to check some voltages.