Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I replaced my 91 toyota mr2 turbo alternator. And it wont

Customer Question

I replaced my 91 toyota mr2 turbo alternator. And it wont crank over now. Gas poured out of it and white smoke coming from the throttle body cable.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify what you mean by gas poured out of it? I am not sure what your meaning by white smoke coming from the throttle body cable. Is it melting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When trying to crank it over gasoline leaked from the intake manifold. As for the smoke it happens as soon as you connect the battery. Not sure if its melting or just overheating
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have pictures of where the leak is coming from and the melting of the throttle cable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I dont have any photos. Its at a shop right now. And they are fairly close to getting it fixed. They said they just need to find the cable or wire thats keeping the battery on even when the key isnt in. To get rid of the smoking before they can work on the gas leak.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is not something that I am going to be able to help you with in this type of format. I will opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, its been a little difficult. Every place I've taken it to hasnt been able to figure it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get my money refunded to me if you guys are unable to give me advice on this problem?