Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have an 05 Rav 4 and I'm going to replace the headlamps on

Customer Question

Hey there. I have an 05 Rav 4 and I'm going to replace the headlamps on it. This 03 removal and install has been most informative :)
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to confirm that the removal and installation in a 2005 Rav 4 are the same as for an 03. I was hoping to find an "exploded view" of the front end to show bolt and plastic rivet locations.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Standby while I gather the diagram info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Thanks
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

First of all the 2003 and 2005 of the same body style and would be the same headlight. Click this link and this link and download the illustrations. They will timeout. In order to remove the bolts on the bottom side of the headlight the bumper cover has to be pulled out. It does not have to be completely removed. On each side if you pull back the inner fender liner there is one bolt that goes up vertically right in the corner of the bumper cover you will see the red arrow in the one illustration. Along the edge of the fender and headlight were the bumper cover meets there are snap clips that hold the bumper cover to the fender just pull out and work your way across. The bottom of the headlight toward the inside of the vehicle has a snap pop clip, this is highlighted in yellow. Towards the outside there is one bolt. Then there's the obvious both on top. This is a pretty straightforward and easy job to replace the headlight assemblies. Please do not forget to rate the assistance that I've given to you at three or higher. Any bonus is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. I'm going to attempt this tomorrow AM. Thanks for your assistance. These little tips were exactly what I was looking for vs going at this blindly ha.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Please do not forget to rate my assistance at three or higher if you have not done so already.