scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

Im having a reacurring p0770 code on my 96' toyota tacoma

Customer Question

Im having a reacurring p0770 code on my 96' toyota tacoma 3.4l 4wd, Automatic. I've tried just about everything to fix it. After clearing the code it quickly comes back on when quick acceleration is needed to get on the freeway. The transmission seems to be running strong, and smoothly so im wondering if this an electrical problem or maybe the Ecm computer needs to be recalibrated. Also if i try to shift into gear before the truck is fully warmed up there is a strong jerk when passing through reverse and into drive.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Any green corrosion in the transmission harness connector at the transmission?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It'll be a couple of days before i can check the harness. The harness should of been the first thing i checked since i've driven my truck through deep water up to the bottom of my door a few times. I'll keep you posted, Thanks!
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Yes this would be a good place to start, check the wire harness side, and the transmission plug to, I have seen rotted pins on the transmission side that have caused this type of problem.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Hi do you still require assistance with this issue?

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.