Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a Toyota Prius 2008. Recently had a problem where the

Customer Question

I have a Toyota Prius 2008. Recently had a problem where the coolent leaked out and went into the car. Is this a known problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** leaked into interior of vehicle? Thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you have coolant inside the vehicle this would mean your heater core is leaking. The heater core is like a small radiator behind dash which air blows through to provide you heat. It is about a 7 hour job to replace and a $300 part so your looking at around $1000 total for repair. The coolant is not deadly but if engine runs out of coolant it can overheat causing major engine damage. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.