Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Why isn't my car still starting after changing the

Customer Question

Why isn't my car still starting after changing the batter I had to keep charging before it started before now it won't even turn over
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put the negatives and positive on the opposite position on the battery then I the horn kept going off did I possibly blow something
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also changed out most of the fuses and I could not get the long blue ones out which has the power seats radio an a.c. which don't work in the car now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the abs fuse which is attached to those and the abs light is also on in the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need more info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11 dollars is my offer
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can i get the year, make, model, and engine?

What is the battery voltage?

With the key on, which warning lights are on in the instrument cluster?

-------------------PLEASE READ THIS-----------------------

1. You have by now noticed you have been charged the question value for asking a question.

2. Please understand, often I have to post many questions (?) or answers to you, to help you with this concern.

3. Also understand I base my answer on what you write, I am not there to see, smell, touch, or hear.

4. Nor do I know what tools you have, or what skills you have unless you tell me.

5. I try my best to be online 365 days a year from 3pm-3am central time.

6. I'm helping you from my home. I do not work for or at Just Answer, nor do they pay me, the customer pays me.

7. I have no control over the time it took someone to first contact you, nor the fees, or emails you get.

8. I want you pleased with the website and me (EXCELLENT / 5 STARS). I would also like to be rated the same. You should see this on your screen.

9. If you rate me good I get paid from your deposit. If you rate bad I'm not paid, though rating bad does not result in a refund.

10. The rating is for me, only me. Rating does not close the post. Your not rating the website, that is done else where.

Thanks for coming here, and giving us and me a shot.

Chris also known as Moose

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 Camry le v6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The abs lights, tire pressure lights, check engine, airbag, and brake lights are on

Will the engine at least crank, what is the battery voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I does not crank or make any sound at all and the battery voltage is 600acc

A good battery will have 12.6 volts. The voltage when tested with a volt meter is what I need to know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it's a 12v battery
And it's good I don't have the tester but I put the car charger on it and it said it was completely charged as soon as I put it on the battery

You will need a digital volt meter to complete all the electrical tests we need to do to figure out why it will not start from the prior event hooking the battery up backwards which burns wires, causes fuses and diodes and modules to fail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I get one from and how much do they cost

Auto Zone sales an INNOVA brand DVOM for 29$.

Being you do not own nor I assume know how to use a DVOM. I do not feel like the question value is worth the time involved to teach you how to use a DVOM as well as electrically diag the car. If you do not want to raise the value then I will need to opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know what the problem is now. How do I get the 120 amp fuse out so I can replace it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nvm got it

Glad its resolved.