Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Is it worth buying a 2001 toyota avalon with 192,000 miles

Customer Question

Is it worth buying a 2001 toyota avalon with 192,000 miles for $2500.00.its in fair condition. Drives smooth ,no noise but when I start the car the engine moves a little like its nees to be reinforced
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email is***@******.***
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** check engine light on? Do you feel vibration while driving? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the third time I am writing a comment and waiting for a response.I will like to know if the car is a worthwhile investment.The engine was replaced by a used engine. The car drives smooth and does not vibrate but when my husband started the car I noticed the engine moved a little but did not interfere with the drive. Please response.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The engine does normally move a little and vibrate, if your not feeling any vibration while driving then I'd consider it normal. $2500 for the car seems like a reasonable price in my opinion. If it drives good without any other problems then I think it would be a good investment. Let mek now if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With this high mileage ,can the transmission last for a while because the engine was already replCed
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

These engines are known for oil sludge but the transmissions are pretty solid. If transmission fluid looks clean and it seems to shift perfect you should be fine. With a high mileage vehicle it increases the chances of problems just due to wear/tear but if everything works like it should I think you can get another 100k out of vehicle without any major repairs. If seller is asking $2500 I'd offer 2k just to save yourself some money. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.