Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My daughter just bought a 2007 prius last Thursday. Had it

Customer Question

My daughter just bought a 2007 prius last Thursday. Had it checked twice by pep boys. They gave it thumbs up. Today she had trouble starting it. Transmission light flashed but didn't come on again. She got it started. What do we do
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. In all honesty, the techs at PepBoys do not have the capability to thumbs up this vehicle. They do not have a scanner that is totally compatible with the various computers in this car. What you need to do here is go to a Toyota dealer and let the car attached to the Toyota scan tool and get what we call a complete 'health check'. if there was any problems, faults, or other issues, there will be a history recorded. Once the tech has the history data, he can then advise you of what, if anything, needs attention. Also, whilst they are looking at the car, have them check the state-of-healt on the 12 volt auxiliary battery. I am not knowing where you are located, but with winter coming, a weak or otherwise low state of charge on the Aux battery will cause the car to not start when it gets cold.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer