sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Skip. I just changed out the HVAC control unit in my 2007

Customer Question

Hi Skip. I just changed out the HVAC control unit in my 2007 Highlander Hybrid. When I turn on the vehicle, the unit seems to be working fine, but the mode (defrost, foot, etc) doesn't change when I change it on the control panel. It indicated a change on the panel, but the actual blower doesn;t change, it just continues to blow from the dash vents. Additionally, while the auto temp control works, ie, I can change the temp from 65 all the way to 85, the air temp doesn't change at all. I suspect there may be a relay issue somewhere? Could you give me some guidance? Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have a couple different issues going on, one with the mode door and one with the blend door. The issues may be the doors themselves (bound in the heater box or broken), their actuators, or wiring.

What was the original issue that the control head was replaced for, and where did the replacement come from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was actually the wiring. While waiting for a response I removed the control unit just to double check my installation. Sure enough, I hadn't fully seated one of the connections. Pushed the connection in fully and now it's working like a champ. Thanks!

Great, I'm glad to hear it!