Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng, Repaired my own cars and others for 20 years, worked in Formula 1 for 10 years
12772297

How do I set the points in my 75 Toyota 20R distributer

Customer Question

how do I set the points in my 75 Toyota 20R distributer properly? Any tricks? I cant get it to fire, & im getting a spark from the coil
thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the points / sensor gap needs to be set with some feeler gauges to achieve 0.017" there's a small amount of adjustment on the sensor mount points to allow you to slide it in and out

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.