Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Having problem with my 01 toyota sequioa passenger door wont

Customer Question

having problem with my 01 toyota sequioa passenger door wont lock or unlock using the remote. the only way is manually unlock it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like the electric lock actuator has an issue. It may be stuck, the wires may have come loose, the actuator has failed or the that connects to the door lock has come loose. You will need to pull the door panel off and inspect it. Most likely, the actuator is faulty. That is the number one cause of the lock failing to work electrically.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer