Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have three codes. p3000, P0a80, and p3023. I realize the

Customer Question

Hi. I have three codes. p3000, P0a80, and p3023. I realize the p0a80 is the replace battery code. I have the triangle light with the brake light and check engine light also. Is it possible that the fan for the hybrid battery is just clogged. This battery is refurbished from falcon hybrids and have only had it for 1 year 4months. It seems odd that the battery would be dead already. Also, I believe it is worth noting that I just had the water pump, thermostat, and serpentine belt replaced.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the freeze-frame data that would be associated with the P3023 code? D you have the voltage data available for each one of the battery blocks in the hybrid battery? It would be with the freeze-frame data.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the data. The car is still at the dealership. Is that something that I can request from them.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

If you have the vehicle identification number and they ran a complete health check I can find that information. Can you post the vehicle identification number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JTDKB20U853009133
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

As soon as I get back from lunch I will look into this and get back with you with more information.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The only information that showed up on the data list was the code numbers. The freeze-frame data was not in the system. The bot***** *****ne is here the only way the P0A80 code will set along with the P3023 code (which means the voltage in battery block number 13 is below spec) is if the voltage in one of the battery cell modules varies by more than .1 to .2 V. The battery modules have to sustain or maintain equal voltages. If one module packet is too low by more than that tolerance it will set this code. Unfortunately Toyota does not offer individual battery packs or modules. The dealership will only replace the entire battery assembly. I would contact the people that you purchased the battery from the aftermarket and see if there's anything they can do for you to warranty or replace it. If you have the dealership print out the data list for the freeze-frame information from that particular code you will be able to look down the different battery modules and it will list the battery voltages. They should be all within .1 volts of each other that I listed.