Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Having problems wiring wiper motor on 86 toyota pickup.

Customer Question

Having problems wiring wiper motor on 86 toyota pickup. Connector has been cut off, and I have 4 wires to the motor, and can’t figure out which goes where. Two are blue with pairs of red dots, One is blue with white stripe, and the other is blue with a yellow stripe.
When I tested wiper control, I got pulses of continuity from terminals 1 to 4 every couple of seconds. But when I wire up the four connections, the wiper stalk is completely dead.
How should they be hooked up?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Carefully look at each wire, as they should have identifying marks like
BLUE = PIN 4
BLUE / WHITE = PIN 3
BLUE / ORANGE = PIN 1
BLUE / BLACK = PIN 2
.
I can post the Schematic for this if you like that shows this
You may have to ohm out each wire to it's location on Switch or trace each down

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.I identify the blue/orange and the blue/white, but the other two wires (both blue) have paired red dots on the blue. These two are identical.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd also like the schematic, thanks.

Toyota was famous for that back then, so you need to trace or ohm out from the Switch to the Wiper Motor to be sure
Here is Schematics
Click Attachments below

.

F you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?

On & Off.............what can I do for you..........?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my color codes are conflicting. I have two wires that are blue with red dots, one blue with white stripe, and another blue with orange or yellow stripe. You mentioned measuring resistance of each wire. how do i? What then can be done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my color codes are conflicting. I have two wires that are blue with red dots, one blue with white, and one blue with yellow or orange. You advised measuring resistance of each wire. What then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not responding. I want to cancel my question and ask somebody else

??
If you are not aware of "how" to ohm out a wire, then it may be above your repair skills
Please read my original response;

Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.

It appears that when I respond, you are not on-line & visa versa

I am sure the info I have already provided will repair your Wiper wiring issue, in which I answered your original question
thanks