Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Been having fuel issues. My truck starts than shuts off as

Customer Question

Been having fuel issues. My truck starts than shuts off as if it's out of gas. I recently replaced battery and thought gauge may be off as it shows i have almost half a tank. I refill and everything is fine. Mind you the tank only takes 11 gallons to fill at this point so i know I'm not out of gas. Today my tank was full and it died. I restarted with my foot on the gas peddle to about 3000 rpms and truck stayed on. I also had to clean out carburetor flap last week. 2008 tundra 5.7l 4x2
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also.... locks on my truck work intermittently ... sometimes front door locks and not back, or they all unlock or nothing at all. This is both from key fob and driver side controls in door....
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start with checking the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring, normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 41 to 42 PSI and hold steady. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know how to check fuel pressure.What about the locks issue?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

All you need to do to check the fuel pressure is install a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail service port. Unfortunately due to Justaswers policy, we are not allowed to address more then one topic in the same question. In order to get your lock question addressed you are going to need to open and new post. Not my rules but they make us stick to them.