Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

How do you find if/where block heater is located if it has

Customer Question

How do you find if/where block heater is located if it has never been used?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. A block heater (if equipped) would have a 110 bolt duplex plug at the end of a wire. connected to the block heater. Normally, they fit in place of a soft plug on the side of the engine block. The wire (whre you plug it into a standard extension cord), would be located under the hood, lower, behind the bumper.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already know that! I live in Alaska. What I'm trying to find out is a little different. My daughter just bought a 2013 4- runner,some have factory installed,but we don't see where it could be since we can't find a cord/ plug. It came from Washington state and we can't even get the answer from Toyota Dealership,because it isn't new and all of their " experts" are stumped!

All you have to do is give the VIN number to any dealership. They can look up the build sheet on the computer, and the dealer installed options history., If it was factory, or dealer installed, the vehicle history will tell this if yes or if no.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** so incompetent, I tried that and they didn't know about that! I even gave them the VIN # ! I'll try the actual Toyota Corp!

call 1 8 0 0 3 3 1 4 3 3 1 That is the Toyota Customer Experience center. They will help you.

Glad to help. A positive rating for my assistance would be greatly appreciated.