Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

Toyota Camry Hybrid has louder engine noise when accelerate

Customer Question

Toyota Camry Hybrid has louder engine noise when accelerate speed to 40-60miles. Can you help on this?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Camry HV.

Does the noise get louder and quieter as the vehicle speeds up?

What if you got rev up the engine only, does the noise still get louder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Genchi,
Thanks for looking into this case.The noise starts getting louder when accelerating speed on free way (starts from 55-60miles), then keeps that noise level unless I slow down it.I've not tried rev up only, will try when I got the car back later today.Thanks

Please try that and get back with me. It will make a difference as to which diagnostic direction we should go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Genchi,
We've located the problem and got is fixed. Don't worry about it anymore. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Genchi,
I noticed that we got charged for $20.00, will partial be refund because we cancelled this order?

I am glad that the problem is solved and will forward this to the Customer Service Dept for your billing concern. Thanks again!