Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I replace a battery 2009 toyoa rav4 but after that the car

Customer Question

i replace a battery for my 2009 toyoa rav4 but after that the car security system locks the starter but horn blowing when i turn the key on.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
First, lock the doors by the door lock switch and shut the doors. Now unlock the driver door with the key.
If that doesnt work, then disconnect the negative cable. Open driver door and leave open. Insert key into ignition and turn to on position. Wait 60 seconds and then reconnect negative cable while key is still in ignition and turned to on position. Alarm should sound for 60 seconds and then go off. Cycle key off and then crank
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks