AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Have a 2008 Tundra Double Cab, 4.7, 2wd (Base). After

Customer Question

Have a 2008 Tundra Double Cab, 4.7, 2wd (Base). After removing 4 top nuts and long bottom bolt that runs through the lower control arm, there still is significant tension on the coil spring and the bottom of the strut cannot be lifted out of the control arm. Chiltons' and toyota manuals only tell you what to loosen and tighten back for re-installation ( I know about compressing the spring for new strut). If there's too much tension to take it out, certainly there's too much tension to put it back in. What is it that I need to do that the pros are not telling!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Sorry you have waited so long for an answer. Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't get an answer to my question concerning the Tundra, yes I do need the help!

Sorry I missed your phone call request. I totally understand the problem your having. If you can put your request through again, Im here to accept the request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a repeat of the first request that went unsolved concerning a 2008 Tundra 4.7, 2wd (Base). After removing the top 4 bolts and the long bottom bolt from the lower control arm, there is still a significant amount of tension on the coil spring to the degree that the strut cannot be cleared/lifted out of the lower control arm and obviously will not be possible to be put back. I need to know how to execute this evolution, looking for your answer "asap", Thank You!

hey, sorry about yesterday. was a busy day for me. If you would be willing to talk on the phone, I would be more than happy to tell you how we go about removing the springs in the situation your in. I am not comfortable posting "tricks" to remove coil springs in a forum. Just a personal preference. If your interested let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply and I am interested in talking by phone you can call me @XXXXXXXXXX or I can call you. I'm on eastern standard time, and if it's going to be after 2:30pm we can talk 9/22/15 in the a.m.

If you can in a request for a phone call, I will accept the request and can call you right away. I am available for the next hour or so or if you want, I can put in for it.

when you put in for a phone call, your phone number is ***** shown to me. This forum is public.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if you would could you put in the request and we talk 9/22/15 soon as possible in the a.m.

It won't allow me. I think because I already offered it to you yesterday. You will have to do it it looks like. after you do it, I will accept it and your phone number will be provided to me and I can call you when ever you want me to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do it later on this evening.

sounds good

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the system still wont allow me to send you a request. do you have a pending request waiting for acceptance or denial? I'll call you tomorrow morning when I get a chance, but i think I am 3 hours behind you, so it wont be very early for you.

were you able to get the springs off? If my method has helped you please remember to accept and rate me. if you need further assistance please let me know. Thanks.