cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

My Toyota sienna 20023 jacks before picking speed when

Customer Question

My Toyota sienna 20023 jacks before picking speed when accelerating on motion. The engine is steady idling and during steady speed. The speedometer indicator is no longer moving.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

the vehicle speed sensor is failed on the outside of your transmission, without the signal from this sensor the computer has no clue what speed you are going so it reverts to limp mode, which will allow the vehicle to operate but not efficiently, this will progress,if the vehicle is continued to be driven,and cause additional internal damage to the transmission, it is best to tow your vehicle to the nearest repair facility of your choice.

Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you have given your rating until you are completely satisfied with my answers.