Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have been reading about the 2010 Rav 4 keyless ignition. I

Customer Question

I have been reading about the 2010 Rav 4 keyless ignition. I do have 2 smart start keys, have replaced the batteries in the one I always use and it still does not work. Took it to the dealership, they want $220.00 for a new one. Am I doing something wrong when I replaced the battery?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify you're saying that both of the remote that you have are the original remotes and worked normally until recently and the one remote stop working? When you replace the battery did you replace it with the correct side or positive side in the right direction? As I recall you can see the positive side when you take the cover off. Usually there's a diagram on the back of the remote that shows which the way the battery goes in. Does your spare remote start the car normally? When you push the buttons on the remote does it lock and unlock the vehicle's or does that not work either?