Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Thanks help in advance; I have a 2004 Sienna LE with 110k

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Edmond, Thanks for your help in advance; I have a 2004 Sienna LE with 110k miles; car won't start the other night and try jump start it and nothing happen; not any click sound from the starter solenoid; just silence; try move the shifter with no luck, switch the Relay from the horn still nothing, unplugged the black wire to the starter solenoid to check and looks ok, turned the key to start position and plug the wire back in the solenoid; and car Started! put everything back in and test drove looks fine; but with the traction and VSC lights on; park the car and try start it to make sure; Nothing again! no sound no nothing! Please help!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

When this happened did the dash lights as well as no other lights turn on? Everything dead?

Did you check the 120A fuse in the fuse box under the hood?

Since jump starting won't help when this happens there is an intermittent open circuit or faulty electrical contact in the ignition/starting system. With no power you won't be able to shift out of park, this is normal.

If the fuse I mentioned is good, check the other fuses, the AM2 and AM1 fuses as well.

Let me know if this helped and we'll go from there

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the starter solenoid. I get a friend help hold it on start position and I bang on the solenoid; it start up. Thank you and do I still have to pay?
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info,

You have made a deposit that the site will keep since you've received an answer, if you decide to not rate my answer positively I personally will not get credit and not get paid anything..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I'm going to help you