cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

My wife left my interior lights on and the car was dead. i

Customer Question

my wife left my interior lights on and the car was dead. i jumped it this morning and now even though it starts it wont go into gear. the dash lights up and flashes, and nothing electric seems to work. it also will not start once it shuts off. im thinking the alternator but not really sure if its simply teh fuses
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

The battery, most likely needs to be slowly trickle charged for 24 hours at a rate of no more than 2 Amps. when jump starting a car , the host vehicle, uses the jump vehicles battery in order to get started. It will not bring the battery surface charge on the host vehicle back up to 12 Volts.

Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you have given your rating until you are completely satisfied with my answers.