scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

I hear 2 dings coming from under the dashboard of my 2005

Customer Question

I hear 2 dings coming from under the dashboard of my 2005 Toyota Tundra. They seem to come at random times and there are no indicator lights showing on the dashboard. Seatbelts on or off make no difference. If its a problem, I want to repair it since my truck has been great otherwise when given regular maintenance
.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Would you be able to capture a noise clip of this, I no its random so it may be kind of hard.

Is there any aftermarket accessories in this Tundra, remote start, security, navigation, event a power supply inverter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is so random that it would be impossible to capture a sound clip.. It happens with vehicle in motion.No aftermarket items except for power inverter plugged into cigarette lighter Last time it happened I was driving at 40mph. It is 2 dings at a pitch of
F above middle C (approx)
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Two things I would suspect.First would be the door adjar indicator, this would also produce a door ajar light but it may be happening to fast for you to see but your able to here it, you can try cracking door open while driving to see if that's the same noise. Second could be the switch in ignition, this would be the same noise as leaving key in ignition with door open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doors are closed tightly and the ignition key indicator is a continuous series of dings.. This dings 2 times just once and then randomly while driving. Its pretty weird.... I disconnected my 12-120v inverter(used to power a computer while driving from RI to Florida) and it hasn't happened again..but,I only drove it for 10 mins.That might be the problem...
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Yes the dinging noise for the you ignition indicator, is that the same noise as in pitch?

What is the make/model of your inverter?