Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have had the same issue with the shift lever in my 2006

Customer Question

I have had the same issue with the shift lever in my 2006 Sienna. It only happened on isolated occasions but has become more frequent of late. The biggest issue is that my van has been in the Toyota repair shop for 3 days now and they keep telling me nothing is wrong with it!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is the issue that you can not shift out of park at times or something else?

Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it seems that you are not available at this time, I just wanted to give you some additional information, if the issue is not being able to shift out of park at times it may be due to a faulty stop light switch, if the stop lights don't work it can't be shifted out of park, if the problem is not that please let me know so that I may offer additional assistance.