Your Toyota Guy
Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  I have been/am a Toyota technician for 15yrs+.
75929629

On my 2002 Toyota Sequoia the "trac off" light came on

Customer Question

On my 2002 Toyota Sequoia the "trac off" light came on accompanied by an intermittent grinding type noise. The dealer first changed the steering angle sensor and brake control module. It did not help. They then changed two more expensive parts before the problem was resolved. Could all three parts fail simultaneously? Couldn't the diagnostic computer have led them to the correct defective part? My bill is big and I'd like to negotiate it down? Any ideas?
Mahalo,
Teresa
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Your Toyota Guy replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is the one repair that I know of that all three components fail at the same time, it is a common repair on the older sequoias. This in no way means you cannot negotiate a lower price, if the dealer won't help, then call 1-800-Toyota, they will open a case file and make the dealer help you.

Please do take a second to rate my service.