Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

93 Camry 2.2l Replace 100 amp fuse able link due to some

Customer Question

93 Camry 2.2l Replace 100 amp fuse able link due to some corrosion. After hooking battery backup electrical system dead. Check continuity on new 100 amp fuse and checks good. Battery 12.82 v and removed and had checked. Need to know if about other fuseable links in harness or any kind of circuit breaker that may need to be reset
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Contrary to internet and automotive folklore myths, there are no re-settable circuit breakers on this automobile. If you have no electrical power in the system and you have a good clean connection between the battery terminals and the battery posts, check for corrosion under the nylon insulation of the battery cables. If the cables are original, I would net be surprised to find corrosion on the negative terminal. Next verify that the body end of the negative terminal is not corroded where it is bolted to the body metal.

After the 100 amp alternator fuse, there are quite a few sub-fuses. The ALT fuse powers the following:

40 amp AM1 Dash fuse panel

40 amp HEATER Right kick panel

30 amp POWER Dash fuse panel

40 amp DEFOG Dash fuse panel

You need to make sure that you have power flowing into the 100 amp fuse before you test anything else. Use a 12 volt DC test light of DC voltmeter

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going to replace both battery terminals in the morning. They look find but getting inconsistent reading at 100 amp fuse connection
thanks

You need to see a solid reading at the 100 amp fuse that mirrors battery voltage (as in across the terminals); and does not fluctuate .1 volt.

I would replace the entire negative cable if I were you. The expense is not that great and it is most likely your problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do

good move