Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist
61695331

My name is i have a problem with my 1999 toyota sienna p0500

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** have a problem with my 1999 toyota sienna p0500 vehivle speed sensor a dont know were is located
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 year ago.

Hi Juan,

On your vehicle the speedometer signal comes from the ABS control module, then to the cluster, then the cluster sends the signal to the ECM. The ABS module using the wheel speed sensors and sends the signal to the cluster, and ecm.

The engine control module ECM is not receiving this signal setting the P0500 code.

Do you have a scan tool that can read the wheel speed sensor readings from the abs module?

Is the ABS light on?

The cluster will need to be removed and tested for the signal from the ABS module.

The most common causing is a bad cluster.

Have i answered all of your questions? I only strive for excellent service, please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

William