Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  34 Years of working on vehicle repair/diagnostics! ;)
9261905

09 Camry hybrid, crank battery was dead, dealership

Customer Question

09 Camry hybrid, crank battery was dead, dealership confirmed it was no good, bought new one....STILL won't start....says "check hybrid system"
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is***** to see you have had a wait.

Im afraid if you have the message " check hybrid system"...after you have had the battery replaced, then you most likely have a inverter issue / fault.

This Im afraid you just cannot deal with yourself - you have to take / get the car into the local dealer where they will test that with proper dedicated equipment to trace the issue down and cure this for you.

Most likely this was the problem all along and / or ruined the battery - but that is the way forward on this one now -Im afraid you just cannot deal with inverter faults etc yourself Im sorry.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE