Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Replaced rear calipers on 06 ghlander hybrid, started

Customer Question

replaced rear calipers on 06 highlander hybrid, started procedure to bleed (old school) no fluid. was advised to let gravity do the work which got rid of the air but now have no application pressure even to move the pads into contact.. several warning lights are on. need brake action & lights off. Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The hybrid regenerative braking system requires a special bleed procedure that can only be done using the Toyota scan tool. I would recommend you call your local Toyota dealer and make an appointment for them to perform this service for you. You will not get the brakes to work properly without the scan tool being used to perform the task.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer