Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I was replacing my sideview mirror in an 07 sequoia, and i

Customer Question

Hi, i was replacing my sideview mirror in an 07 sequoia, and i accidentally shorted out the speaker. The radio was on, and then no sound came out. I can smell something burnt. I checked all the fuses under the steering wheel. None of the fuses under the hood seem to apply. Is there an inline fuse on the amp i cant find or did i destroy the amp. Radio powers up and appears to be operational.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

As long as you have checked all related fuses under the dash and hood then yes you did cause the amp to fail. If a wire diagram would help, let me know.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris