Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

92 toyota pickup ac compressor replacement how much oil to

Customer Question

92 toyota pickup ac compressor replacement how much oil to add and if I need to add oil to drier and condenser and what kind of oil and how much freon
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If you are evacuating the system properly, your machine will tell you how much oil was captured by the evacuation machine. If you do not have an evacuation machine, the general rule of thumb is to drain the compressor into a container, and add that much oil back into the system. If your truck has not been converted to R-134 A refrigerant, use standard AC compressor oil;. If it has been changed to R-134A, use "P A G" oil.. The required charge is 1.5 to 1.8 lbs of refrigerant, or until the bubbles disappear in the sight glass.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many cans of freon is 1.8

Not quite 2 one pound cans

Just put enough in and stop when the bubbles in the sight glass disappear. Don't try to add both cans fully. Depending on the temperature when you do it, it might take 1.8, maybe a bit less