sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I just pulled to parking lot to do some shopping, there were

Customer Question

Hi, I just pulled to parking lot to do some shopping, there were no any signs of problem, a minute later I couldn't start my 2004 Toyota Corolla, tried to power jump from friends cat, nothing, no signs , no clicking no light inside the car went ON. It has about 230 000 miles, never had any problem but a starter I had to change about a year ago. Clue me please. Stan
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If the car is electrically dead then you have a battery, cable or connection, or possibly a power distribution issue. Make sure all fuses are good if you haven't already.

Another thing you can do is turn the headlamps on and wiggle test the battery cables where they enter the terminals. A poor connection there will often cause what you're having. If you can make the lights flicker or come on with a wiggle test then you've found a connection issue

If that doesn't reveal anything and fuses are good then turn your attention back to the battery. If you have a digital voltmeter you can at least test battery voltage, the best thing to do would be swap in a known good battery or have this battery load tested. Most big chain parts stores such as Autozone will load test batteries for free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did tried to start from different car batterie before I contacted You and lights in or outside once didn't go on.

You said you tried a jump start. Is that what was done?