Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Where is the a/c condenser drain tube located in a 1998

Customer Question

where is the a/c condenser drain tube located in a 1998 4runner? Water leaking into the cabin under the glove box
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The AC drain tube is on the passenger side of the instrument panel. Underneath. You meed to enter the vehicle from the passenger side and pull the carpeting back. Look for a black rubber hose that comes form a plastic box and then pokes thru the firewall. The AC hose drains water onto the street when it is working properly. The hose is not hard to locate, but the aid of a good bright flashlight is highly recommended. Once you locate the hose, pack towels around the area because when you pull the hose off water will flow out of the box very rapidly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have pix or video of this? I totally understand what's up, just can't see/visualize it. Thanks

This is a video on YouTube that shows the basics. The video is for an older truck, but the AC drains are pretty much the same. Once you find the drain tube that pokes out thru the firewall the removal is rather easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJjdLeOvIVM