Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pavlin, I have a 97 Toyota 4runner. One day all of my

Customer Question

Pavlin,
I have a 97 Toyota 4runner. One day all of my exterior lights went out. Headlights, tail lights, side markers. Thoughts?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Lets start at the combination switch. See if the white/black wire ohm tests good to another ground. Then turn on the headlights and verify the red/white is ground. If those pass then see if the tail lamp relay clicks under your finger tip when the light switch is turned from off to run. If so then see if the tail fuse under the hood is good and powered with the headlights on. Let me know these results.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris