Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I am replacing my rims and tires on my Toyota ghlander and

Customer Question

I am replacing my rims and tires on my Toyota Highlander and I'm trying to confirm what the largest size would be that would fit.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. P245-55-19 is about as big as you can go on this. Any bigger, you run the risk of the speedometer becoming incorrect. Anytime you oversize (or undersize) tires, the rotation of the wheels does not properly set the speedometer speed correctly. We see thsi a lot with truck owners who fit bigger tires; their speedometers are usually off about 6 mph when they went up 1" in rim size. If you are trying to fit 20s under this car, the tires will rub the inner fenders.