Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

I was wondering if block 1 sensor 1 was before or after the

Customer Question

Good evening, I was wondering if block 1 sensor 1 was before or after the catalytic converter.
I'm buying a new part and the gentleman at autozone had no idea.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

The Oxygen Sensor for Bank1/Sensor1 is located on the side of the engine closest to the windshield, mounted the the exhaust manifold BEFORE the Converter. And on this vehicle, the sensor is an "A/F Sensor" and NOT an "Oxygen Sensor". They are very similar in appearance, but the A/F Sensor is more advanced to accommodate the Toyota emissions specs. The best access to the sensor will be from under the vehicle, working upwards. CLICK HERE for an image location view of the sensor. Please remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..