scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

Installed vip rs3200 plus in 2015 prius c. now the auto lock

Customer Question

installed vip rs3200 plus in 2015 prius c. now the auto lock feature is inop when you exit the vehicle and close the doors. car should lock in 30 seconds but doesnt.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Did you have this installed at a Toyota dealer?

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

They may have wipe out your customized settings when and if they disconnected the battery, or certain components.

Unfortunately there is no way to manually set this, it needs to be changed with software called Techstream.

Below is a list of customizable features that your car should have.

Also if your car was purchased in the last 12 months and has less then 12,000 miles on it, a Toyota dealer will change these options one time free of charge.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed it myself. I did disconnect the battery. I checked the settings on the radio and it still says auto lock in 30 seconds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to test the rs3200 module to see if it is defective?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I function test the alarm part and it is operational. Horn and lights go off. I test the gbs function and it works. The only problem is when closing the doors and walking away, it doesn't auto lock anymore .
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

The setting your referring to that you see 30 seconds on the display is for auto lock if doors are not opened after unlocked. This is not the same setting as auto lock after closing door. The setting you want is only changeable with Techstream software.

The dealer should change this at no charge if you have less then 12,000 miles or less than a year of ownership.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

This is an explanation of the setting you see on dash

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

This setting is for if you walk up to car and unlock but never open door, it will re-lock on its own.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered a replacement rs3200 module. Since I installed the module myself I don't think toyota would warranty that.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any more assistance.