Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a leak on the drivers side window near the

Customer Question

I have a leak on the drivers side window near the convertible top and also at the outside rear view mirror. This is to the point that the rug is getting wet. '08 Toyota Solara Convertible.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The reason for water leaks at the top of the driver side are usually stemming form excess gap at the driver side top latch. There is a small adjustment that can be made to the hook. That is what I would try first. Secondly, the top panel of the windshield may not be sealing properly to the top. The header panels have been known to develop some rust in this area; you might want to check for that. If present, rub the rust off then tighten down the hook adjustment. That should alleviate most of the water entry.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you adjust the top latch hook?

Loosen the stop nut and screw the hook inward. This lessens the room for the hook to latch and hold securely. DO not force the latch after you change the setting, if it is too tight you will break the latch. In all honesty, if you are not familiar with this adjustment, a good body shop is your best bet. It is possible that the adjustment is correct, but not sealing. A body shop could apply some sealer to the top of the windshield header is needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adjusting the hook didn't solve the problem. Would changing the weather stripping help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can the top be adjusted?