Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I'm ulisses from applewood service centre. i have a lexus

Customer Question

I'm ulisses from applewood service centre . i have a lexus gx460 whith 2 codes p2441 and p2445 i replace both asv valves and pump is working
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the VIN available? Do both codes come back together? Did you you use new lexus/Toyota valves and pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry trying to figure how to reply . yes parts are original and new from lexus . Codes do come toghether .vin# *****
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will look into somethings and get back to you after lunch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK TANKS AGAIN
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

If you have new diverter valves in new pumps this only leaves the Driver module or controller module on the left inner Fender. This supplies power to the air pump and it to the diverter valves to function correctly. The codes you're getting are indicating that the air pressure is not increasing on the diverter valves side or the diverter valve is not opening for bank 1 which is the drivers side. Generally this is caused by the driver module not turning the diverter valves on or open. It is stuck closed it's not likely a bad new diverter valve but more than likely when the diverter valves failed it damaged the driver module on the left inner Fender.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is any way you can tell me the part number or location of the diverter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you confirm if these car as the diverter that you talking
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

I had to step out for lunch when I get back to my computer I will get you the part numbers of the driver modules.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i mean the module on the left fender
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

89581-60010 is the part number and it is just in front of the master cylinder and before the fuse box on top of the inner fender. Make sure the red wire and the black wire with a red tracer have 12 v at the driver module. The black wire with a red tracer supplies power to the diverter valve for bank one and comes from the driver module. The other wires at the diverter valve for bank 1 are controlled by the engine computer to turn the valve on and the ground circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the thick red wire as constant power but the black and red as no power whith ignition on or of
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do have another wire with power but is red whith a black stripe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im cheking the black and red wire for 12v at the diverter valve . sucks when i dont have a wire diagram .Again thanks for your help .
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The black with red is the power supply to the bank one diverter valve. Does it get 12v while the truck is started cold and during warm up? If not this would indicate a bad driver module the red is the main air pump power supply and the red with black tracer wire has 12 v and means the AI VVrelay is working.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the black and red wire as 12v when started and the pump works by listhen the wissel
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Is the balck wire with the red tracer at the diverter valve getting 12 v or are you checking at the driver module? Does the white wire with a black tracer and white wire with a red tracer at the diverter valve connector have less then 1 ohm of resistance to ground?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im checking at the diverter valve and as 12 v , so the wire is ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
white and black and white and red as 0.001 of a ohm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you think that can be the module ? after all
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

The driver module appears to be normal based on the numbers you are giving me. The only thing left to check is if the computer inputs that are monitored to determine if the valve is opening. The best way to do this is with an active testing scan tool that will open the valves and turn the pump on then monitor the pressures. It is possible you got a bad diverter valve. If the valve are the same left to right you could swap them to see if the codes set for bank 2. On the 2U engine they are the same left and right.

Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

I just check the part numbers are different left to right. It is not likely a wiring issue or computer issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any way i can check the valves at the banch
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any axess to wire diagrams so i can trace wire cont. to ecu
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

I can not post wiring diagrams directly to the website. If you want to discuss the matter via telephone I submitted a phone consultation request to you. Or you can go to www.Techinfo.Toyota.com. For $15 you can purchase a two-day subscription or you can get a one-year subscription at a reasonable price to all of the Toyota/Lexus/Scion diagrams diagnostic flowcharts and information on how to test the system and a complete pin out of the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whats the best time that i can call you tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
betwen 9 am and 10 am be good for you
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Lunch time Noon EST is the best time less noise.