scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

2008 Toyota prius ABS code c1256 and c1345 I had code c1256

Customer Question

2008 Toyota prius ABS code c1256 and c1345 I had code c1256 and I replaced the ABS actuator, but I am still having these codes also I was able to bleed the front brakes using my advanced scanner ( maxidas) , but having difficulties bleeding the rear brakes.
I think RL brake is ok now but still not bleeding RR .
Category: Toyota
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

You can bleed these with a conventional pressure bleeder.

Does your scan tool have the option to reset the linear offset valve, or any other options under the ABS module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it has the option to do memory reset ( I think) I don;t recall exactly how the menue waS WRITTEN,
so what is the procedure I shall follow after reset the offeset value
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I will do some research and see what options are available, I have instructions but only for using Toyota Techstream.

What model/part number Maxidas do you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MAxi das DS708
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Looking into this further, I realize you said "ABS actuator", was the ABS actuator replace or was the accumulator replaced?This code is for the accumulator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
today I tried to reset the memory and then go to test mode and initialize the values , the ANS and VCS shall flashes after that , but it never happen.
looks like there is something preveting this processalso I still have code c1256 ,
could be any other relay or compnent is bad and causing all this trouble
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Did you read my last response?

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I'm asking what you replaced the accumulator or the actuator, there is a difference between the two.

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Does the accumulator keep cycling on on its own?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the ABS assembly that has the booster pump and the abs module, not sure what is this called
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I replaced the actuatordo you think the accumulator need to be replaced , where it is located
any instructions on replacing the accmulator
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

This is a picture of accumulator

Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

was this replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think this for gen 1 Prius , I was searching for accumulator gen 2 prius but no luckcan you provide the toyota part number for 2008 prius accumulatoralso where it is located in the car
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Yes I realize I grabbed gen 1 Pic by mistake, apologies.

See new attached pic.

Did you replace the whole entire unit, if you did your all set. If the black cylinder didn't come with the new and you had to swap it over , then this needs replacement, the black cylinder part is the accumulator. The most updated accumulator has a flat top on it instead of a curved one,the older curved ones leaked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the whole unit ,
I didn;t swap any part.
however I had the same code before replacing the unit
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I found a manual procedure for a highlander, I've never tried it on a Prius, but it may work. I would first bleed the Prius with a power flusher to remove any air from the system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed the procedure
After step 3 the lights starts to blink but I had the code 1256 for accumulator error
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now I am getting 3 codes c1252. 1256 c1345
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

Was the pump running for more that 5 minutes while doing this or while bleeding, C1252 will set if pump runs to long. Are you able to go past step 3? What happens when you follow it to the end?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I followed to the end , the abs light keeps blinking every 1 sec,
then when I turn ignition off then ON
i got it sold light with the warning beep
Expert:  scionking replied 1 year ago.

I really think that resetting this will not be possible with out the proper software/computer. Event with the correct one it is still a pain to get it just right and have the light clear out, I know I've had several where I went round and round clearing and resetting till I finally got it right.